Google Pixel 3 / 3XL: What’s the Verdict?
Is this the Android device you’ll come to love? Still checking out the long list of devices which you’ll treat yourself with for the holidays? Did the new Google Pixel 3 or probably the 3 XL catch your eye?
|Pixel 3||Pixel 3XL|
|Display||5.5-inch FHD+ flexible OLED at 443ppi||6.3-inch QHD+ OLED at 523ppi|
|Memory & Storage||4GB LPDDR4x RAM; 64GB or 128GB storage|
|Battery||2915 mAh battery||3430 mAh battery|
|Materials||Aluminum frame + hybrid coating|
|Colors||Clearly White, Just Black, Not Pink|
Now, let’s see how reviewers found the new devices:
- Android Authority’s Kris Carlon dubbed both devices as the Android iPhone as it combined the good parts of both devices. It’s got an amazing camera which the Pixel devices has always been known for. Plus a contemporary hardware design which is the best-looking Google devices that’s been made.
- While Engadget’s Cherlynn Low gave the Google Pixel 3 a score of 90 and the Pixel 3XL an 89. For the smaller sibling, she loves the display that makes photos, videos and games look great. While for the bigger sibling, she loves its performance and Clever Assistant features to name a few. Low also liked the new color option: Not Pink.
- Lauren Goode from the Wired gave the new Google devices a score of 9 out of 10 expressing these have the most optimized version of Android on a smartphone. Another pro is the bigger and brighter display thanks to Edge-to-Edge to keep the sizes the same with the Pixel 2 devices.
- 9to5Google’s Stephen Hall considers the devices “third time is indeed the charm” production of the tech-giant. Displays of both devices are identical and enjoyable to the naked eye. Another great feature of the Google Pixel 3 and 3XL is the Always-On display which some of the wallpapers shipping with the devices also maximize that not much competitors have done so far.
- TechRadar’s Matt Swider didn’t like the weaker battery life which he considers is the biggest con from the Pixel 3 which can definitely limit what you can do on just one full charge for a day.
- Digital Trends’ Julian Chokkattu also feels the same way for the battery in the Pixel 3 XL describing it as mediocre which can be very problematic for heavy users that does quite a number of picture taking, browsing and gaming for most of the day.
- Max Parker from Trusted Reviews recommends to get protective gear for the bigger sibling as with just a week’s use he noticed there were scratches and/or micro-abrasions on his white Pixel 3 XL. He noticed some too with others who were using the black version.
That’s a wrap for the Pixel 3 and 3XL reviews! Did it help finalize your decision?
Going with the one of the newest Pixels? Congrats! Let’s help you out by arming your device from the nasty drops and scratches life throws your way: visit this page here for the latest accessories available for the new Google Pixel 3 devices.
Or will you be sticking to your current device? Let’s keep that investment protected at ALL costs! Check this page for everything and anything that you might need for your phone or tablet! Tech Armor will always have you covered!